free website stats program Bump it up? | Harley Davidson Forums

Bump it up?

Durham Hawger

Hi all,
I'm riding a 2011 Ultra with the stock 96ci engine that I've owned since last year. I'm considering the purchase of a big bore kit to bump it up to 103. Before I go to the dealer, I thought I'd run a few questions by you guys first:
First of all, is the increase in power/torque so noticeable as to be worth the cost?
Speaking of cost, what am I looking at approximately?
Will it negatively affect fuel consumption?
I upgraded to Screamin' Eagle Fat Shotz pipes - will I have to change them?
Will I have to change the oil cooler I've installed for the 96?
I bought Harley's long-term warranty - will this be affected?
Any advice/comments would be much appreciated.
All the best!

Hi all,
I'm riding a 2011 Ultra with the stock 96ci engine that I've owned since last year. I'm considering the purchase of a big bore kit to bump it up to 103. Before I go to the dealer, I thought I'd run a few questions by you guys first:
First of all, is the increase in power/torque so noticeable as to be worth the cost?
Speaking of cost, what am I looking at approximately?
Will it negatively affect fuel consumption?
I upgraded to Screamin' Eagle Fat Shotz pipes - will I have to change them?
Will I have to change the oil cooler I've installed for the 96?
I bought Harley's long-term warranty - will this be affected?
Any advice/comments would be much appreciated.
All the best!

I have a 2010 UC and went with the 103 kit. That give you jugs, pistons, rings, 255 cams, and all gaskets. It runs like a scalded dog worth the money to me. Mileage went down very little, but its haard to tell as the bike really hauls with a little twist of the right hand. my guess it might affect the warrenty but if a good shop does the work they should help cover any trouble. I got mine done as a winter special (something a shop did to stay busy) I only paid $1500.82 out the door. Thats all parts and labor with a tune, I thought it was worth the money.

As far as the warranty, that is usually left to the dealers interpretation. If you go that route, make sure to get it in writing that the dealer will honor the FULL warranty after you do it. Also keep in mind that what he gives you (if anything) will only be good at that dealer and if you travel and have a breakdown, the dealer that is fixing the bike then may not honor the warranty because of the upgrade.
Best to explore a letter from HD themselves in reference to your warranty after the 103 upgrade by an authorized dealer IMO just to be sure.

NOT every dealer is on the up and up.:s

Back