free website stats program buell | Harley Davidson Forums

buell

Why is the buell so underrated? I mean this bike is very comfortable on every type of road or freeway you can imagine possible, not to mention the throttle response is cool, I just don't understand why its unpopular, but overall, its a good bike.

In my opinion, I would not ever buy one, I think it still needs more work, you mentioned how comfortable it is, I test drove a v-strom and the seat was very uncomfortable and the engine heat was very uneasy on my legs.:(

I really don't even call these bikes a Harley. I was very disappointed when Harley decided to make a crotch rocket. I think that these bikes give Harley a bad name and that they should stop making them. And to top it all off they are one of the ugliest things that I have ever seen.

I have to agree with michigan on this one. I really do not like the buell and also do not consider them a Harley. These bikes remind me way too much of all of the Jap bikes that are out and Harley's are supposed to be all American!

While I don't like the buell all that much I can understand why it was made and who it was put out to market to. I would much rather have my son riding one of these than that darn Honda that he bought! :mad:

I guess most people don’t consider it a Harley because they just look too different (they resemble Kawasaki Ninja bikes more closely, don’t they?) Friends who have ridden on one are saying that buells also neither run nor feel like a Harley.

I am one of those that do not consider this bike to be a Harley. I think that it is put out there for the people that like those foreign bikes and it is a disgrace to the Harley reputation. I have hope that Harley will realize this soon enough and stop making them.

I am one of those that do not consider this bike to be a Harley. I think that it is put out there for the people that like those foreign bikes and it is a disgrace to the Harley reputation. I have hope that Harley will realize this soon enough and stop making them.
It's a v-twin motor in a sportbike frame. Yeah, compared to other v-twins it is repsonsive, but the four bangers blow Buells away all the time. I think that's why it's not so popular.

Do any of you own a Buell?:cry I used to be of the same opinion as most of you but then I decided that the Blast would be the perfect starter for my wife. Small, lightweight, incredibly manueverabale and has plenty of power even for my 210# frame to zip up to any road speed but at the same time not be overpowered like many of the small "jap" bikes. Yes it is ugly but in a cute way and when I ride it I can hear a little Harley heartbeat down there because I know it is built by Harley. Now a days I find myself riding it more on short jaunts around town than I do my softail and it very much is appropriately named for it is a "Blast" to ride.

Back