free website stats program Buell closing down!!!!!!! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Buell closing down!!!!!!!

Agreed the Sporster has been around 53 years almost 1/2 the 108 year harley has been in production, I think really the move here was in part to make kind of the same transition they did with the origanal XR 750 to a race only bike with there support in one way or another they already commited to continue 7 years of parts Buells and ofcourse warrenty, heck you can still order OEM parts for the XR 750 and they still offer complete XR 750 engines because they are still out there today on the flat tracks. Since then harley has never had long term commitment to the race seen starting with the XR is was left up to the dealers and private sector to continue on with minimal support from them, then the VR race program that was left to a few to run for awhile ,then the Vrod with Vance an Hine, they know what there customers want and they know the old saying winning on the track on sunday fill the dealerships on mondays is not there customer base. The Buell has shown this past year it can compete on the track,with the 1125 R ,and its time for Erric to fly , Its a shame though these bikes are works of art and the have gobbs of TQ and power rite through there rpm range and they handle just as good or better then most sportbikes out there once you get the tires warmed up , if you ever get a chance to ride one you will see what I mean , My oldest son has had a buell for 3 years now and I just bought 2 of them one for me and one for my younger son for his birthday needles to say MOM hates me for buying 2 new bikes , I told her it was a 2 for the price of one deal she said BEEP BEEEP BEEEP BEEEPP CRAZY ,but she realizes we are a family that rides ,Ive got many miles under my butt,but the best miles are always with my sons .

I don't own a Buell or intend to buy one. Was saddened to hear they were being dropped. On the up swing I recently read Eric is still going to produce race bikes and still compete. From what I understand Buell is doing fairly well on whatever circut they run? Someone will pick them up if they start winning and dominating which I believe is possible.

I didn't know much about Buell before but earlier in 09 I started checking them out. Always liked the looks of the 1125R and was interested in getting one...or at least riding one.

But at $6500, I couldn't resist. I bought an 09 this last weekend.

Now...if only we could get spring here so I could ride it!!!

I'll post pics when I get it home. But this is the one. Hot lookin bike!!

Attachments

• 2009 Buell 1125R.jpg
    2009 Buell 1125R.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 9
would immediately run out and buy a Blast for the wife,

but they dont import them into Europe.. shame

Shudder. Memories of Riders Edge class....

:p

she finds a Sportster way too heavy, same with the bigger Buells.
Her arms are the size of my wrists.

Just finished her first summer on a 125.

Looking for a 2-3 year bike before something decently big,
if its not a Blast.. well, I guess we're going Japanese :(

Too bad, she likes the looks, I know the smaller size would fit her well.

I don't own a Buell or intend to buy one. Was saddened to hear they were being dropped. On the up swing I recently read Eric is still going to produce race bikes and still compete. From what I understand Buell is doing fairly well on whatever circut they run? Someone will pick them up if they start winning and dominating which I believe is possible.

You may want to re-read your article. Buell, in all forms of racing is dead. Danny Eslick will be riding a GSXR next year, with the #1 plate, defending the title he won on the Buell.

Read it here..

Soup :: Suzuki: M4 To Get Suzuki Support In '10 :: 12-07-2009

If Erik is still building race bikes, it won't be under the Buell name. HD still owns the name.

Back