free website stats program Broken Wheel Bearing | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Broken Wheel Bearing

Glider I think most of us picked up that you were not overly happy with the decision not to name the dealer! I for one cannot believe that someone who knows that improper work is being done and won't name the dealer it was done at. We (re. everyone who slings a leg over a bike) owe it to our fellow riders to give them information that something could be done to their bike that could cause a failure to a criticle part. We all understand the chances we take by riding, we don't have to have someone doing something improper to the bike to make it even more dangerous. I'm finished with my rant now.

Gee....was it that obvious ? :lolrolling

My first obligation is to the members of the forum and when a member like this comes on and posts what he did without naming the dealer, it bothers me very much because it could be someone's life in jeopardy.

After all was said and done, he shouldn't have posted what he did at all without FIRST verifying the facts and THEN post away.

Anyway, somebody that uses Pledge on their boots is a bit different to begin with :D

Am I missing some thing here? Seems to me Glider and all the Moderators are looking out for the best interest of all who post and read here, isnt it about taking care of each other and passing on info to help brothers make an informed choice on where to spend there money and feel safe doing so, THANKS GLIDER, for setting the record straight, sorry couldnt help myself with the capitals:D

I have a problem with second hand information. The contributor stated it happened to a friend and he is right in getting all the facts before going any further. i have been on both sides of the counter and it always amazes me how a rider can get so all upset over the small things. It is like if they bought their bike there then the dealer owes them. Just the same, I sure do like this forum.

Was there something about the removed damaged bearing that makes you think they were not Genuine HD bearing

The bearings were the original HD bearings but just like most of the parts on a HD , they are not made in the USA . I think it was just a bad part but the next time the rear wheel comes off I am installing a AMERICAN made bearing .

If I may..I would like to add my two cents worth. First of all we all claim to be a brother and sisterhood of the motorcycle life. Now I am sure that there is not one single member on this forum that would deliberately and viciously want a fellow member to wreck. I agree with Glider that it should be our duty to help others stay away from shotty dealers. In this case I feel that the facts were not all present before making a statement. I for one would not want my dealer persecuted because someone made a statement before knowing all the facts along with it being second hand info. lastly and I am sorry to say I for one am at the top of this list...no one is with out fault. Mistakes are going to be made reguardless of by whom. The error is not to be judged as we only know of one person with out sin. Bashing someone is not going to help others stay safe. The correct thing to do is to acknowledge the fault and get it corrected. After all is this not the responce we are looking for in the end?

Back