free website stats program broke trike | Harley Davidson Forums

broke trike

Last week I filled my gas tank up and the trike didn't want to run right.I put a can of Seafoam in and it run fine for awhile( approx 200 mi ).I filled up Sunday morning,took off for a nice ride and thought I wasn't going to make it back home.Its running on ( 1 ) cylinder!.I pulled the ground on the TFI and it still runs the same.I loosened the gas cap thinking maybe it could be a hydralic lock of sorts.No change!I'm not sure how my dealer will do me on my TFI so I'll take it out before I take it in to have it looked at.The trike has ( 5500 mi ) on it so I know its not hurt.Any input is appreicated. BP

Hoople.....I did the recommended application which is 1 oz/1 gal. of fuel.I can't imagine Doebeck giving me a hard time over the TFI, even if it is the TFI .I haven't had it in but ( 3 )months.I haven't burned a plug before.What should I look for on the plug?

Personally I do not use Seafoam on any trike with a fuel system problem, I prefer to use Sentry Marine Fuel System Treatment or Startron for Marine use. You have to check the label as some contain 'alcohol'. I had a couple of people who 'OD'ed' their bikes with an entire can of Seafoam every other tankful and the mess that was created from it, oh boy.
Computers do go bad and can create problems, on one gentleman's bike the ECM/ECU controls the fuel pump and when it went bad the bike wouldn't start. He put a new ECM in and the bike started.:grose

Hoople.....I did the recommended application which is 1 oz/1 gal. of fuel.I can't imagine Doebeck giving me a hard time over the TFI, even if it is the TFI .I haven't had it in but ( 3 )months.I haven't burned a plug before.What should I look for on the plug?

If in doubt replace the plugs, they may have a slight film on them, you would need a good eye loop and a light to see any damage:s

I removed the TFI completly out of the system.It runs as good as it ever has.I'll contact Dobeck and have them test it/replace it .Have many of these TFI's went bad?I guess if you're out on a trip you can always remove it from your system.Thank you for all your help. BP

I removed the TFI completly out of the system.It runs as good as it ever has.I'll contact Dobeck and have them test it/replace it .Have many of these TFI's went bad?I guess if you're out on a trip you can always remove it from your system.Thank you for all your help. BP

I am sure that Dobeck will make good on the exchange. They are a good bunch to work with.

That is the good thing about a piggy back system. You just need to unplug the TFI and plug the injector leads back in and you are at square one. May be a bit lean, but you can make it to where you are going.

TQ

Back