free website stats program Brass in my oil | Page 11 | Harley Davidson Forums

Brass in my oil

glad your back riding Jack,but ummmmm what is 30 60 30?break in method?what gear ?

Mototune's recommended new motor break-in process..basically you find long/straight stretch of hwy, get bike in "3rd" gear, then accelerate from 30-60-30 "ten" times. Great way to seat the rings...

30-60-30-0 sounds like normal everyday riding in Orlando. :s Glad to hear you are in the wind again. Ride safe.

Got it done today, took the interstate home after the break in, should be ready for an oil change come Saturday. I will be looking at the old oil and cutting the filter open as well. The bike runs better than I remember:s

Got it done today, took the interstate home after the break in, should be ready for an oil change come Saturday. I will be looking at the old oil and cutting the filter open as well. The bike runs better than I remember:s

Runs better than you remember ? ?

Short memory or better motor ?

Runs better than you remember ? ?

Short memory or better motor ?

:s Both, I just dont remember it running this smooth plus the exhaust sounds different too, may just be me that said the crank sensor was beat up pretty bad on my engine that may be part of why it seems to run so much better now?

Glad to here you have your bike back and have the ring's seated time for some back road riding to complete the break in

Brian
WAP.gif

Back