free website stats program Brake & Shifter Pedal Adjustments | Harley Davidson Forums

Brake & Shifter Pedal Adjustments

TheJudge

I have a 91 Sporty 1200 with mid controls. When I ride with my feet on the middle pegs, I notice my feet interfere with the brake and shifter pedals. Is there a way to adjust them? If so, should I place them above or below the toes of my boots, or is that a rider's comfort preference?

I have a 91 Sporty 1200 with mid controls. When I ride with my feet on the middle pegs, I notice my feet interfere with the brake and shifter pedals. Is there a way to adjust them? If so, should I place them above or below the toes of my boots, or is that a rider's comfort preference?

The shift lever can be removed and repositioned on the splines several degrees at a time. The brake lever MAY have a little adjust ability on the master cylinder rod, but only a tiny amount. It's rider preference to where the levers are. On mid controls, I prefer the shift lever to be above my toe, so I only rock my foot on the peg to upshift, and have to take my foot off the peg to down shift. My brake pedal is as factory positioned, I have to pick my foot up to get on it.

Look into some forward controls. I put some on my Sporty when I had it, and it was money well spent.

I am looking into forward controls --- or a whole new ride. Haven't made up my mind yet. I pickup up a manual and saw something in there about brake pedal adjustment. I will also try the shifter adjustments suggested. Thanks!!

Back