free website stats program Brake pads for my 08 Roadking | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Brake pads for my 08 Roadking

When replacing pads, no rotor turning required?

Enjoy,
Rich P

I don't think you can really turn these rotors. Even if you were able to chuck them properly, I don't see having enough material to work with. It is a shame because those babies are not cheap.

But it would be the right thing to do. That is to have a flat true parallel surface.

I don't think you can really turn these rotors. Even if you were able to chuck them properly, I don't see having enough material to work with. It is a shame because those babies are not cheap.

But it would be the right thing to do. That is to have a flat true parallel surface.
Typically, with other than these disc brakes, replacing pads and not resurfacing the rotors results in lots of ill effects, and potential for several more: squeaking/squealing, premature pad wear, shuddering, uneven braking as disc rotates, resulting in a kind of mechanical "wow", etc. That is reason for my light concern...

Enjoy,
Rich P

I have machined these rotors it is alot of work to true them and you cant remove much material sooooo I would replace them

Have a little over 2k on my EBC brake pads..seem to be holding up well. No squeaks or squeals and bike stops like new.

I just installed a set Lyndall Z pads on the front of my '04...32k on the originals...these are dustless pads and I have had no noises coming from the pads at all...which is something I could never say about HD pads...hopefully with the dustless pads I wont have to clean my calipers every year just to keep a solid lever pull...if so, the $20. difference will be well worth it!

I also run these pads on my 06 I had and on my 08 ultra now. They won't wear out your rotors and no brake dust to eat at your wheels either. Worth every penny.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Lyndall Z Plus pads. I've been using them for years. No noise, great stopping power, not hard on the rotors, and reasonably priced. I am unfamiliar with the new HD pads...anyone know of a comparison out there???
thanks!
Jim

I changed out my stock rear pads at only 2000 miles to the Lyndall Z pads. No where near the dust on wheel and to me better brake feel. 2010 FatBoy.
wilks3

I replaced my 09 brake pads just last week @ 30,000 miles. Fronts were just a few cents shy of a $100.00 bill and I do the labor. That is expensive, I don't care how you cut it. Everything you do on one of these bikes is expensive! As far as wear goes I have no problems with the Harley pads other than the fact that they are awfully messy as far as dust goes. If you don't wash your cast wheels every couple of weeks that black dust will pit the paint if it gets wet from rain or dew.

My 2009 Dyna FXDL. Front pads part # 44082-08,, $34 after normal everyday discount..

MSRP $41.00

I would double check where & who is selling you the parts. Your out of U.S. maybe?

Back