free website stats program Brake Pad Brands (What's your choice?) | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Brake Pad Brands (What's your choice?)

Plain and simple, the stock HD pads work for me...and allow me to do a two fingered controlled emergency stop...which is all I can ask. No problems with brake dust, and the compound used does not scar the disc rotors, so the match is good.

I can't say how the EBC would be on a Bike but I have tried EBC on 2 Cage projects in the past. They were the worse pads I have ever used. Paid through the nose for the pads. Tried both their Street and Street/Track pads and both had tremendous dusting and wore out in no time. You may have better luck than I did.

+1. EBC pads in my experience were garbage. but i will run into someone every now and then that knows someone who swears by them. i stick to OEM

I changed mine to Lynall Z+ when I hade my calipers chromed along with a floating rotors. So far I really like them.

Glider I have to challenge you on the choice of Lyndalls. I have my first set and my last set on the bike now. The Lyndalls are useless in the rain. For a premium pad they are useless!!! I was using pads that I paid $20 for and I tell you they outperformed these Lyndalls in every respect. I still have them and after 30000 miles they still have another 30 left in them. Rain never bothered them, they weren't dirty and they wear like iron and haven't worn the rotors.I will not recommend Lyndalls to anyone

So Kemo? What is the brand of those "$20" pads? And where did you get them? Online?

Thanks,

Jamie

So Kemo? What is the brand of those "$20" pads? And where did you get them? Online?

Thanks,

Jamie

Nevermind . . . I got distractd and forgot to read the following posts. DOH !!!

Point is, I am at the point of replacing my pads and I'm doing research now. I don't really see any definite answers yet as it seems to be kind of a "whatever ya feel good about" type of answer for now. (EDIT) I really wanteed to buy the best ones and do this maintenance only once. Guess we'll see . . .

Please read and understand the info in this link below...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Saw this old thread popping up and had to bite;)
I upgraded my front end some years back to 2000-up 4 pot calipers and discs. This was a definitive improvement over the old style, but I was still not happy and therefore last winter I changed to EBC full floaters and Double H pads.
This is an excellent combination wet or dry, and I have a hard time seeing any manufacturer providing better braking with the stock, large-bore, low pressure brake system.
I suspect the EBC organic brakes may be what others have used, where rapid wear and poor braking performance is reported.
The double H ones are copper sintered and so far seem to be holding up well. Note that I do not care about how long my pads last, my only concerns are stopping power and brake feel. Riding a lot in busy city-traffic it's all about being able to stop FAST (which means using the front brakes - the rear I just use for slow speed braking).
Oh yes, these pads don't squeel either, but then again I think this can be avoided on any pad with the right application of copper paste and lubed pins...

I belive I am now close to optimal braking power from what I have, but my holy grail is a tourer with one-finger stopping power. From my sportbike days, I remember Brembo as one of the best - anyone installed Brembos on 2000-2008(?) forks?

Back