free website stats program Brake lever stuck. | Harley Davidson Forums

Brake lever stuck.

jpmtb

I have a 04 road glide and my brake level is stuck on and not sure why, when i with a slight touch move the lever out the brake light are off if i let it go the lever the light are on like some one are putting on the brakes. anyone have any idea what it could be. haven't really looked into it but would like a idea what i should look into first thank for everyones help.

have you changed the levers ? whats different now than before the light started working on its own?

The brake light switch is located in the switch housing
if you have had the brake leaver off it is possible that you have broke the end of the switch
if you have moved or adjusted any of the right side controls the brake leaver to switch adjustment may be off a wee bit
loosen the fasteners holding the master cylinder in place and slide the master cylinder away from the switches you should now be able to see the switch if it is ok slowly move the master cylinder back to the switch housing ensure that the extension on the leaver is in contact with the switch tighten the fastners

Brian

I just picked up the bike a few months ago havent done nothing to it it just started doing this yesturday havent looked into it yet, but i think that after some time the lever starts to work normally, I wont be able to look into this until next week but trying to get some info on what it can be so far it sound like a easy fix and not that costly. thanks for all the help.

I have a 04 road glide and my brake level is stuck on and not sure why, when i with a slight touch move the lever out the brake light are off if i let it go the lever the light are on like some one are putting on the brakes. anyone have any idea what it could be. haven't really looked into it but would like a idea what i should look into first thank for everyones help.

Harley Davidson Community Take a look here from the self help section :s

Are you saying your brake light sticks on ? Or your right handlebar brake lever will not fully return after you release it ? Or both ?

If your brake lever will not return, try loosening the the throttle switch housing and see if it's in a bind. If that's not it, it would seem the master cylinder is stuck and needs cleaning or rebuilding.

When you loosen you throttle switch housing you should also be able to look up behind the lever to see if the little button switch is damaged.

If for some reason you loosen your brake housing screws make sure to insert a shim between the back of the brake handle and the brake handle housing to protect contact (on removal) to the button switch.

Back