free website stats program Brake Caliper covers | Harley Davidson Forums

Brake Caliper covers

Billbo

Hello, can anyone tell me how to remove the front chrome caliper covers on my 2001 Heritage??? I may have to remove the two large bolts holding in the pads - just not sure - they were on the bike when I bought it.

Thanks for any input/help
Bill

Many different types of caliper covers. Can you post a pic or a site that has your covers on it for more info?

Many different types of caliper covers. Can you post a pic or a site that has your covers on it for more info?
thanks Glider, not sure - but I think they are HD -- most everything on the bike is HD stuff. I dont know how to post a picture. The cover appears to be bolted on using the 2 large bolts and it also have about 5 smaller allen screws located along the top side as if it were bolting two sides together??? Im sure I could get it off by just unscrewing everything - I'd find out how it went on that way. I just wish I could remove it BEFORE I have new pads installed by the 'tire' man.

Bill

Glider, anyone, I looked at the ones on the HD site - part# 43759-00 is exactly what they look like. How do get them off?

bill

EKmA4rGvm6wxNX0YYxbKrYIPBAfwfRVXh2vzIV8Cg3nkQq148rgzT2_xGfHRjkjBap_0iGuq32MMHJj__sx9UMfp-OpNRUu-KTNxXm1OaaOHZ_-4mCs_kMmZ_noTbM03B0akoj3f8fx9Ktl9Guq3tEd5MkCwpN0iCDjbV6RV4R6EJneb5Q

The caliper mount bolts would be holding them on. If you remove the bolts the cover will come off and replace them to hold the caliper on then.

EKmA4rGvm6wxNX0YYxbKrYIPBAfwfRVXh2vzIV8Cg3nkQq148rgzT2_xGfHRjkjBap_0iGuq32MMHJj__sx9UMfp-OpNRUu-KTNxXm1OaaOHZ_-4mCs_kMmZ_noTbM03B0akoj3f8fx9Ktl9Guq3tEd5MkCwpN0iCDjbV6RV4R6EJneb5Q

The caliper mount bolts would be holding them on. If you remove the bolts the cover will come off and replace them to hold the caliper on then.
thanks Glider - you are THE man. I will try getting it off tonite and let you know how it turned out.

Thanks so much
Bill

Thanks again Glider - last nite I took out the 2 bolts holding the caliper and removed the chrome cover - I did also have to remove 4 small allen head bolts to separate the halves to get them off of the brake line. ----but it all worked out fine - thanks for your help

Bill

Back