free website stats program Bought yellow craftsman jack | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bought yellow craftsman jack

I just tried out the jack. Took a few times to find the balance. It works really well. I had my son help me. Smitty do you jack yours up by yourself. It seemed kind of awkward and do you leave the stand down. Thanks again to everyone. The pictures helped greatly.

You will get more accustomed to lifting & lowering the bike. I do my deuce fairly comfortably, but hubbies electra glide still makes me a little nervous. At first I didn't bother with the straps, but now I do, just a security blanket for me....:) I did the service on both bikes (not at the same time of course) without using the straps, but I recently decided to use them just for my peace of mind, and after reading Dangerdan's post, I will definitely use the strap.

This is really a useful thread for me. I was thinking about getting a jack but wasn't sure how well they worked. Many of my concerns were addressed here.

I work with a guy who has a V-Rod and someone loaned him a jack. I asked him about it and he was jacking from the stand side. He was telling me how he would level the bike and hold it upright then somehow roll the jack under. He is a lot stronger than I am and I figured there was no way I could do this by myself with my WG. I asked him if he could do it from the other side and got a puzzled look but then he went home and tried it.

Thanks to everyone for you comments.

Back