free website stats program Bought new ultra limited-sweet | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bought new ultra limited-sweet

Did you check forum for new motor break-in! Some change all the oil after 100 or so miles. Its not hard to do it yourself, Mobil V-twin and harley 5 micron filter for motor, specta 6speed for tranny, and formula for the primary and about 1 hour of your time!!

and about 1 hour of your time!!

Maybe 3 hours the first time (one hour getting up the courage, two hours fumbling through the tools and positioning your bike). 2 hours the second time, remembering what you learned, then setting up again. One hour each time after that, and feeling like you were in control and proud of it!

It's funny, I panicked (or obsessed) the first time I did it (even though I knew I was going to). I even pleaded for Glider to give me a step-by-step. He told me to get over it and just do it! Not wanting to appear unworthy I did, and it was a peice of cake (although a little nervous). Now when I change all three holes in an hour, I chuckle to myself and think "Thanks Glider, you showed me how to do this"

Did you check forum for new motor break-in! Some change all the oil after 100 or so miles. Its not hard to do it yourself, Mobil V-twin and harley 5 micron filter for motor, specta 6speed for tranny, and formula for the primary and about 1 hour of your time!!

I thought I was going to do this but I already have 375 miles on her. Might just do it anyway. I need to quiet down that trans clunk.

I did the same thing. I went to demo days last saturday and fell for a merlot street glide. Took the wife by sunday to show her,and when she sat on the ultra she said, I have to have a seat like this. I priced a removable tour pack, new seat, and higher winshield. Went to another dealer, and there it sat, A merlot and red Ultra. Bought it, had the shocks lowered and it rides like the street glide alot. My wife has those short legs too, and I am looking into either the reduced reach mounts or the adjustable mounts which are more expensive but give more options. Congrats to you and me. This my first Harley.:small3d036:

Ok, I got 5 posts, now I can post a pic.

th_motorcycle001.jpg

I did the same thing. I went to demo days last saturday and fell for a merlot street glide. Took the wife by sunday to show her,and when she sat on the ultra she said, I have to have a seat like this. I priced a removable tour pack, new seat, and higher winshield. Went to another dealer, and there it sat, A merlot and red Ultra. Bought it, had the shocks lowered and it rides like the street glide alot. My wife has those short legs too, and I am looking into either the reduced reach mounts or the adjustable mounts which are more expensive but give more options. Congrats to you and me. This my first Harley.:small3d036:

Ok, I got 5 posts, now I can post a pic.

th_motorcycle001.jpg

Glad you got the bike you fell in love with. There aren't many of that color left, limited production. Man it is one sweet ride. Everywhere you go you're going to get complements on the color.

I bought the Kuryakyn (sp) adjustable passenger foot pegs that are made to mount on the existing floorboard bracket. They came today and I didn't even know it. The wife came home and went on the front porch and came out the garage where I was cleaning up the bike from the ride we just got back from and told me you have a package. It was from Eastern Performance. I just ordered them yesterday and they are here. Wow. Pretty good. Now if they are the right ones I will be very happy.

Back