free website stats program Boone NC trip April 1-7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Boone NC trip April 1-7

Me and three other couples rented a cabin in Boone North Carolina. We will be staying in a large custom house on the blue ridge parkway. Several of us just recently bought new bikes and I cant wait. I have a new to me 2007 street glide and I am ready to go. I will post pics when I return. We have never done a ride like this but we are very experienced riders. If you have any suggestions on places to go or things to do while there please let us know. Our wife's and children are also coming so anything for them to do on this vacation will be helpful. I would like to ride a lot while there but I also plan on doing some family time together. So please give me some family things to do also. Thanks for any ideas.

Steve

There is a theme park in Boone..

Tweetsie Railroad: North Carolina's Original Family Theme Park

You did not mention the age of chilren but if you have never been there it's worth 1/2 day. Also if you ride the parkway south all the way to the end and turn left you will arrive in Cherokee, N.C. a small tourist town that's worth seeing. I would also recommend Maggie Valley a pretty place with a theme park Ghost Town In The Sky.

Ghost Town in the Sky

Lots to do around there !

Last edited:
I agree with the Biltmore Estate, we have seen older kids there and they seemed to enjoy it especially the horse riding . Plan to tour the winery and have a meal there, outstanding!

Another place that is great for families is Chimney Rock Park lots of nature trails and fun things for the kids. For the big kids, the ride up there is great fun. They have sports car and motorcycle rallys there every year.

So much to do, so little time. The Western North Carolina/East Tennessee area is one of our favorite places to vacation.

Back