free website stats program Blue Ridge Pkwy Starting Today | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Blue Ridge Pkwy Starting Today

Well my trip is over ( bummer ) made it home Sunday night safe and sound , I had 2 close calls 1 on the Blue Ridge parkway & 1 on the Tail of the Dragon but thats another story. After logging 2300 mile of great riding I would recommend the trip to anyone who loves a great road trip . I started the trip from the north at the entrance of Shenandoha NP which has 104 mile of great riding and the views were fantastic & it just gets better from there the BRPW is a great road and the scenery just gets better as I headed south for the complete 469 miles of the parkway . I did the Tail of the Dragon which is closed at the rock slide but from the NC side you can do about 10 miles of the dragon and the turn around and go back . I think the Dragon is a tourist trap and I was not that impressed JMO , I then did the Cherohalla Parkway and that is a great ride also . I can see why so many love to take a ride on the parkway it has so much to offer besides the scenery what I was impressed about was that there was not 1 stop light or stop sign on the BRPW so I only had to stop when I wanted to take a picture . I plan on doing this trip again & I would like to do it in the fall when the trees are in color , I will plan on taking a longer trip if I can .

Attachments

• 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 049.jpg
    049.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 11
Sounds like you had a great time. I've heard mixed things about the Tail of the Dragon. Its one of those "you gotta ride it" things tho.

So what were your close calls? From others not paying attention or from a little too much sight seeing from the driver?? :s

Wife and I are going to ride the Dragon and BRPW in 3 weeks. Its our first time on both.

Then ride up to New York and head up to Lake Placid. Come around to Niagara and if we get time we'll go up into Michigan and take the ferry across Lake Michigan into Wisconsin and come home from the north vs. riding thru Chicago.

Probably around 14 days is what we're planning.

Have a great and safe ride!

Good luck on your upcoming trip. It sounds like a blast.

Back