free website stats program Blue Ridge Parkway up and back! | Harley Davidson Forums

Blue Ridge Parkway up and back!

danthern

Couple of weeks ago a buddy and I rode from my home in east central Alabama to Cherokee NC. Got on the BRP and took it to the terminus at Skyline Dr. Rode that 105 miles to Front Royal Va. Turned around and came back the same way.
leaves were turning, weather was beautiful. 6 days and 2000 miles of sheer heaven. Planning a 7k cross country ride this summer!

Sounds like a great tripand you had a good time. I was able to ride Skyline Drive years ago and really enjoyed myself...

We spent a week, doing the same thing (except we returned taking the Shenandoah Valley. Had 5 riders..... we each took turns leading (and stopping) visited a lot of places... but we could have visited more....

I'm glad I live close enough, to the BRP, that I can do day trips, of even week end trips.

Awesome ride! I did it back in August. jumped on around Fancy Gap, VA and rode to the northern end. Went up 81 to Canada and on to Ottawa. On the way back I hit up skyline and BRP to Asheville, NC. Great ride, and I cant wait to do it again.

Back