free website stats program Blew right by us | Harley Davidson Forums

Blew right by us

twoup

So there we were, cruising up 195 about 65 mph, heading for the Rosalia Bike Rally. The wife and I riding two-up. I see the lights of two bikes coming up behind fairly quick. As they pull up behind I see that they are two big road bikes, not crotch-rocket types. Now....I really like my stock TC88, well, except for breather, pipes and tfi. It's the biggest bike "I" have owned/rode and I am happy with its performance..BUT!!!!!! As we topped a lil knoll and are still doing 65mph these two bikes EXPLODED AROUND ME!! I mean they went around me like they were accelerating from a signal light!!! Two Road Kings with 2-1 pipes getting smaller in the distance. That's all we seen.......I looked back at my wife with raised eyebrows and she looked at me with that "ooooooooo" look.

We get to Rosalia and take off our helmets. The wife looks at me and says "I know what you're thinking and NO".

hmmmmmmmmmmm

By the way, Rosalia Rally was a total disappointment.

Ride safe

Saw a totally blacked out Screaming Eagle Road King at the Sturgis HD Company Demo Site on display for $32K; I would love to have that bike.... Maybe I will win the lottery :)

By the way, Rosalia Rally was a total disappointment.

Ride safe
What was disappointing about the ralley? Was it that it was smaller than normal?...if it was that's because the guy who put on the 100 years of motorcycles kept pulling down or writing canceled on the all the fliers.

How was the music?

Another aspect of high horsepower motors in bikes is that you need to be able to control it. What does a Hyabusa have stock? 180HP? I don't know of anyone in my riding circle who is capable of handling that much HP at speed, whether it's in a light sport bike, or a heavy geezer glide.

My cousin built a Cobra kit car complete with a high HP 4.6 liter motor. To his credit, he spent a considerable amount of time taking high performance driving lessons from a pro, just to be able to handle the car at speed.

Yeah, it's only money if I want the mods to go faster......... Within the last 2 weeks I've had 2 ladies with hot rod H-D bikes pass me on the interstate like I was sitting still while I was doing 72mph. :newsmile080: No wonder I can't meet gals that ride for a date!

It does not take much to blow by a bike that is just cruising along at 65.
They had a head of steam as they came up on you.

That said There is IMO a big difference in the TC88 and TC96

Brother in law has a TC88 true dual nice pipe AC dyno tune and my stock TC 96 with more weight on it would eat him and and leave him behind pulling a long steep grade.
(This was not racing).
The hunger for more power is real in many of us we need to control its diet

Nope. These guys accelerated from 65! That's what impressed me. They
were right behind us for half a mile. I had moved over onto right side of
lane in case they wanted to pass but maintained 65mph.
Like they have stated.......it's only money. And as you said...the hunger.

ride safe

Last edited:
Hey go on ahead, I'll catch up. That is what I tell all my friends. I ride my speed that I think is safe. I like 70 and 80. That is about all this old body can handle.

Back