free website stats program bleeding front brakes | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

bleeding front brakes

I have never heard of anyone saying that just pulling the brake lever for 12 hours and then tapping the master cylinder would help. Seems kinda stupid to me. Of course, stupid is as stupid does right!! So, last night I wrapped a bungee cord around the brake lever (after breaking 3 zip ties that weren't big enough) and this morning I tapped the calipers, brake lines and master cylinder. Brakes haven't felt this good since I bought the bike!! Glad I know that other people's opinions are usually a lot better than my own!

Question: Does the master cylinder top need to be removed when tying back the lever or during the tapping?
Thanks,

I have never heard of anyone saying that just pulling the brake lever for 12 hours and then tapping the master cylinder would help. Seems kinda stupid to me. Of course, stupid is as stupid does right!! So, last night I wrapped a bungee cord around the brake lever (after breaking 3 zip ties that weren't big enough) and this morning I tapped the calipers, brake lines and master cylinder. Brakes haven't felt this good since I bought the bike!! Glad I know that other people's opinions are usually a lot better than my own!

That is the advantage of having input from many sources...sometimes it helps to scout around in the the Self Help for specific tips and Search threads using keywords to find different methods to achieve a goal...:small3d018:

Last edited:
I once made a cap for my Gold Wing, but I drilled it and pulled a tire valve through it. Just used a bicycle hand pump to pressueise the master cylinder.
kemo

The gasket is vented so it's not necessary to remove it but I like to see what's happening in there:D

Back