free website stats program Black versus Chrome oil filters | Harley Davidson Forums

Black versus Chrome oil filters

StGlide1958

Simple question:

Purchased a new HD black filter todayfor my Street Glide:newsmile047:, and peeked in package of a chrome filter. The black one had a visable orange gasket inside (anti back flow?). The chrome filter appeared NOT to have the same thing. Main question is, are the filters the same except for the outter appearance? My "parts counter" human stated that when I asked, but something is fishy here. Any clarification would be appreciated.

can you get the 30 micron filters anymore i thought they had stopped making them and listing the twin cam filters for the evo now

at least that was what i heard i dont have a evo so cat say ..

The only difference between the black filter and the chrome filter that I am aware of is the chrome filter will leave your wallet slightly lighter....:D

if it doesnt have the orange rubber inside the filter it is the 30 micron for evos, id take it back, the tc 5 micron will filter finer particles out of the oil, didnt matter as much on an evo cos the oil filter was on the return tc is on the feed side.

as stated above, the orange flap is the 5 micron. You can run the 5 micron on the evos but in my experience , it made my oil pressure slightly lower, so I stick with what came on it...a 30 micron filter. Black or chrome there is no internal difference. I cut one of each open to see if there was a difference.

Bubba

Back