free website stats program Black oil filter question? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Black oil filter question?

I will be gifting them to the trash barrel as I write this! I hate being duped!.....:bigsmiley31:

Better fish them out of the garbage. They are just old stock.

Just checked the 10 I have left in my case that I'd purchased from Fargo HD in fall 2009. All 10 are stamped "AA". The case I bought was unopened until I opened it at the parts counter just to check the part #63731-99A.

They are all in original HD SuperPremium5 Black Oil Filter packaging..

I don't know when they started stamping them with the HD logo.

Ha-Ha Steve, no sacrifice too great. AA is on the older inventory H-D oil filters, but new ones should have H-D logo. :D

Better fish them out of the garbage. They are just old stock.

Just checked the 10 I have left in my case that I'd purchased from Fargo HD in fall 2009. All 10 are stamped "AA". The case I bought was unopened until I opened it at the parts counter just to check the part #63731-99A.

They are all in original HD SuperPremium5 Black Oil Filter packaging..

I don't know when they started stamping them with the HD logo.

Thanks! I've fished them out & put them in my stock!...........:newsmile108:

This is what is posted for the filter number 63731-99A.

Description:

Harley-Davidson is taking the lead in the industry with this breakthrough filter. It uses a synthetic media that provides nominal 10 micron filtration with increased retained capacity for dust, soot and other solid matter. Low internal pressure drop Integral Pressure Relief Valve, Integral Anti-Drain Back Valve. Available in chrome or black, this is the best filtration available and will retrofit to most earlier models.

SuperPremium™ Oil Filter

Fits all '99-later Twin Cam and Evolution® 1340-equipped models and available as an upgrade for any motorcycle currently using P/N 63796-77A or 63805-80A. Made in the U.S.A.

Nuff said. For what its worth, ebay usually has a very good resolution system setup and if you feel you have been defrauded, open up a complaint ticket and go through the process. Don't toss the item you are concerned about as you have to be able to return it. Sounds like glider is on the money here, as usual...:D

This is what is posted for the filter number 63731-99A.

Description:

Harley-Davidson is taking the lead in the industry with this breakthrough filter. It uses a synthetic media that provides nominal 10 micron filtration with increased retained capacity for dust, soot and other solid matter. Low internal pressure drop Integral Pressure Relief Valve, Integral Anti-Drain Back Valve. Available in chrome or black, this is the best filtration available and will retrofit to most earlier models.

SuperPremium™ Oil Filter

Fits all '99-later Twin Cam and Evolution® 1340-equipped models and available as an upgrade for any motorcycle currently using P/N 63796-77A or 63805-80A. Made in the U.S.A.

Not sure where you found that posted, Glider, but when I entered in search on HD USA's website found:

Part # 63731-99A SuperPremium5™ Oil Filters - 5 Micron
Utilizing advances in synthetic media technology, the SuperPremium Oil Filters are TEST-CERTIFIED to provide filtration to retain dust, soot and other solid matter with low internal pressure...
MSRP Starting at $8.95
Available Online

Fits '99-later Twin Cam and Evolution models (except '08-later XR models) and can be used as an upgrade for any motorcycle that requires Oil Filter P/N 63796-77A, 63805-80A, 63812-90 or 63813-90.

Black

MSRP US $8.95

Last edited:
Bla....Bla....Bla..... I use oil filters from a 350 chevy.... No just kiddin... they are 100% right.. mine just filter oil and nothing else......:newsmile07:

Back