free website stats program Black lower fork sliders on a Street Bob | Harley Davidson Forums

Black lower fork sliders on a Street Bob

Idaho John

One of the features that I enjoy on custom bikes is the blacked lower fork sliders and...on the Dyna Fat Bob as well. Does anyone out there know if such can be purchased aftermarket? I talked to my Harley parts guy and he could not determine if the motor company would ever offer those as aftermarket. So...I am looking for an alternative for my Street Bob.

Idaho John

John

There's a number of places that can be found on the internet that do powder coating. Only thing is that the bike will have to be laid up until they turn them around and get them back to you unless they have an exchange policy.

Do a Google search for powder coaters in your area or try here.

Powder Coating Services on ThomasNet.com

Glider: Thanks, I appreciate the answer. I love the look but was hoping to avoid a lot of down time, especially now that the snow is starting to waver away and we can actually see pavement! I will check out your resource.

hey john:what i did is i got a set off ebay cheap. i powder coated them(I own a powdercoating company)then just swaped them out.If you want to contact me I'll see if i can help you out!

good luck:Steve

hey john:what i did is i got a set off ebay cheap. i powder coated them(I own a powdercoating company)then just swaped them out.If you want to contact me I'll see if i can help you out!

Doesn't get any better than that!:60:

Steve: thanks for your reply. I apologize for taking so long to get back to you! The roads are clear, but the weather here while warm last week has turned off cold with occasional spits of rain and snow and...I can't make myself stay in, I have to ride. If you are ok with this, what I would like to do is to contact sometime next year (when I am moneyed up again) and with your help, I will get the lowers I want. Will this work?

Idaho John

...on the Dyna Fat Bob as well. Does anyone out there know if such can be purchased aftermarket? ....

Would be worth checking out if the Dyna Fat Bob fork lowers would fit on other forks. My guess is they would fit all the other Dyna's and likely other models as well. If so, you could just order a set right from HD.

Hi John:I understand about the need to ride!If it's 35 degrees or above I'm on my bike!When your ready let me know.Once I get the parts I can have them done in 2-3 days.I'll just charge for shipping.Hope that works for you!

KEEP ON RIDING:STEVE

Hi John:I understand about the need to ride!If it's 35 degrees or above I'm on my bike!When your ready let me know.Once I get the parts I can have them done in 2-3 days.I'll just charge for shipping.Hope that works for you!

KEEP ON RIDING:STEVE
Steve: thanks for your generosity. And...like Glider said, it is appreciated. A brief riding report...it turned off warm and my riding pal and I hit the rode and put on 400 miles this last Saturday...what a ride, interstate, back roads, a rattlesnake catching some sun and lots of dust and bugs...

But I love it regardless

Idaho John

Back