free website stats program Bitchin Baggers | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bitchin Baggers

I called and they answered. He told me that the way he mods the shock, the stop remains the same. He absolutely gaurantee's it will not (Can't) touch the fender or wiring harness. He did say if you go past 1.5" with two up you risk bottoming the shock if on a bumpy road. He said if I go 1.25" like I am thinking about, it will have minimal effect and the ride not compromised. He said he thought the ride actually improves untill you get past 1.5". He also told me that if I do it and am not completely satisfiied, he will refund money and send me a new set of stock shocks. If you read the testimonials, it seems legit. I am thinking about doing this. All I am looking for is to get flat footed. HD progressive only give you .75" and nearly $400. This is $175. Not jumping just yet, but I am close. I will wait till I hear some more feedback as I am not a wrench and do not want to make a mistake.

Just left the Harley shop and asked the parts manager about the HD shocks that lower, same ones on the street glide. He said it actually lowers more than .75 inches. He is my height and said he put them on his UC and went from the balls of his feet to flat footed. I was going to put the lowering link and he said it puts undo stress on the internals of the shock do to exaggerated angle. I personally am going to get the HD lowering shocks and take seat to Mean City Cycles to lower and reado the shape of the seat. If you have set on a stock street glide and then a RG or EGS, youll notice the difference in the seat and stock seat height.

Back