free website stats program Biker neighbors | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Biker neighbors

Randy, I hate to say this, and Guys, feel free to jump right in and disagree if you think I'm wrong, but I think it's Harley riders themselves who have made that belief so pervasive. (That we'll only ride with other Harley owners)
=====================================================
Richard; I have to agree with you, most of the 'tudes are from HD riders. Most other riders are not brand "eliteists". Some of the worst attitudes I've seen are from the "crisis" folks you mentioned in your post. All new gear and absolutely ZERO knowledge of thier ride, beyond brand naming all of thier add ons.
Most sport bike riders can be exempted from my opinion. They have thier own 'tudes which are fueled by excess testerone, of which I have none (extra).

Ditto.

I may be one of those "crisis" folks, but I don't care what you ride as long as you ride. Started on a Honda and the wife is still riding a Honda. I'll also wave at anyone on 2 wheels, including the occasional scooter. I may give someone grief for not riding an HD, but it's like the old Ford vs Chevy debate. I give my buddy a hard time for driving a Chevy, but he's still got a good truck that he likes. Not everyone feels comfortable on a Harley. You've got to enjoy what you are riding.

Neighbour's son across the street has an 883C - he just keeps it there so I've not seen him much to get yakkin' to or to go for a ride.

Next door are veru "quiet" couple but her dad is a great old guy 79 and still riding an old Softail. He's asked me about going out for a ride once the Spring comes - happy to.

Hobbit lives less than an hour away and we've been out 3 or 4 times over the summer - a good guy I met on the forum here :D.

I ride out fairly often with a local buddy who has a Vulcan. I don't give a hoot what someone else's ride is. As long as they are good company and not full of unmentionable and love the ride - that's good enough for me. I ride a metric as well - for an airport commute (don't mind it getting mucky :s). It's a good bike and I respect those who ride the rice buckets and the Euro-rockets as well. We all love 2 wheels, I can't understand brand-exlusivity. It's a load of nonsence to me JMHO.

Just like Groucho Marx who said "I won't belong to any organization that would have me as a member." I don't want to live in a neighborhood that has loud (EDIT) Harley's going up and down the street, unless they are mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Live in rural Southwest Missouri - Lady up the road 1/4 mile owns a Sportster and also works at the local Harley shop - I've never seen her bike out of the garage - She always says we should go for a ride when my wife and I are in the shop -We always say anytime - But the bike never leaves the garage - I just don't get it - - - - My wife and I usually ride alone - If we come up on somebody going the same way no problems with bunching up - Doesn't matter what they ride - It's all about the feeling - Not what you got or don't got - - - -

I live in the country, but have neighbors on all sides.Only one of them is a rider.The others are older folks , over 70 years old ,but they seem to enjoy watching us blast off.All are the best neighbors you could ask for,always baking us a cake or a loaf of banana bread.

ALL of my neighbors have someone that rides.....ME! (haha)

In the 44 homes here, there are two other bikes, a Nomad and an Ultra. See the Ultra more than the Nomad but both ride fairly often. Have only rode with the Nomad, don't even know which exact neighbor has the Ultra, it just goes by my home.

I live on a dead end road in the country. 3 out of 13 people ride. We often ride in search of ice cream with our neighbors across the street during the summer.

I live in a culdesac and there is one other guy that rides and he's a cop! Nice guy. But in the area there is a TON of riders here in Norfolk.
Lots of men and women riders year round here! LOVE IT!

This picture is at the TOP of Mount Washington.. Friggin FOGGY AS EDIT and just as scary as the last 1/4 mile is all dirt. Going down was a trip!
BikeFoggyMtWashington.jpg
[/IMG]

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Back