free website stats program bike wont take fuel | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

bike wont take fuel

Yea, I put new plugs in, the wires look fairly new, the coil ohms out right at 3 ohms, which it is a 3 ohm coil, the crank sensor ohmed out at 1100 and put out a signal of 1.5 vac, which is supposed to be within spec. Everything that I check seems to be fine but still have the problem. Maybe ignition module, but have no way to test it that I know of.

I sent the ignition module to s&s. They check it out, updated the firmware, retested it and found no problem with it. They even put it on a bike and rode it around, bike ran perfect. They sent it back to me and this bike does the same thing it was doing before. The module has a red led on it which is the check engine light for the system. The light stays off while the bike is idling, but when I give it enough throttle to make the bike act up, the light comes on but doesn't set a code. I don't know what turns on the check engine light, but whatever it is, that's the problem with the bike.

Voltage regulator? Have you checked the voltage at idle and the first part of the idle increase? Maybe its over-voltage.

Since the plugs were black and you are still scratching your head on this try shutting off the petcock when you throttle up and see if it will keep running until the float bowl empties. Still could be an issue of too much fuel. Easy to miss something on these carbs. I had a small sediment problem with the FXRS. and it caused problems like you are describing. Wound up flushing the tank and rebuilding the carb.

Back