free website stats program Bike Shades are a Hit | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike Shades are a Hit

I ordered them and will let everyone know how they work out. I'm tired of cagers flashing their lights at me.

You won't have to tell me. I already know they work! LOL
I was just sent another picture tonight. This is them on amber passing lamps, on a
2009 flhrc

15737_1179717850562_1156624144_30496696_8102172_n.jpg

RJ

I know I'm an idiot but.....what exactly am I looking for in this picture? Can you add an arrow pointing to your product?

I was with ya Doctor "D"..I had no clue as well...thanks..i was afraid to ask...in fact i thought it was the Wind Screen he was talkin bout.... :lolrolling By the way Hmmm a lil more shine

I was asked if our Bike Shades can be mounted along with the existing Eye Brow shields. They can. It does take some doing. But it can be done.

15737_1181029083342_1156624144_30502216_1098084_n.jpg

15737_1181029043341_1156624144_30502215_5382793_n.jpg

zoood

Generally when adding the visors from HD, there's a different set of trim rings needed for more clearance.

Generally when adding the visors from HD, there's a different set of trim rings needed for more clearance.

the trim rings in that picture are the stock ones. Not the revised ones. but they still were mounted there together. It's not easy, but it can be done.
I think the revision ones dont show the gap at their bottom that ya see in those pictures.
Which only means that with my Bike Shades one doesnt have to purchase the revised set that HD sells.

I've got one reservation about them. I keep my passing lights on all the time to improve my visibility to cagers during the day. If they truly put out a bit more light from the uncovered bottom portion due to internal reflection it may be OK.

I've only had one oncoming driver get confused by the passing lights coming on with the low beam. That was riding two up, at night, in a rain storm.

I'm going to find out. I just ordered a set and we'll see what happens.

>I've only had one oncoming driver get confused by the passing lights coming on with the low beam.<

Thank you for posting that. That's exactly why I came out with this product. It only takes that one time! I was blinded back and almost crashed. In my case it might have been an intoxicated driver using the back roads to avoid detection. I, like you, and many others choose to run the passing lamps to be noticed.
In traffic, I run them to stand out amongst the other vehicles. To look different. I use to run the amber lights for the same reason.
The lamps are only cropped out at the top, not shinning in the trees no more. Yet they still light up the road, out and in front of you. It's that "ounce of prevention" that could very well save your life.

I'll be shipping your order out today.

Again, thank you, RJ

I've got one reservation about them. I keep my passing lights on all the time to improve my visibility to cagers during the day. If they truly put out a bit more light from the uncovered bottom portion due to internal reflection it may be OK.

I've only had one oncoming driver get confused by the passing lights coming on with the low beam. That was riding two up, at night, in a rain storm.

I'm going to find out. I just ordered a set and we'll see what happens.

Back