free website stats program Bike Protection While Trailering | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike Protection While Trailering

JDPEagle

The following product was recommended to me by a local dealer for environmental protection while open trailering:

Bike Brite's Moto Mask On-Off

Does anyone have any experience with this? Just looking to provide a little protection from rain and possible salt on the roads while trailering down to Daytona.

Thanks!

A good wax job before you leave will do the same thing I would think. You should never cover the bike unless you have a cover that can snugged up like a glove around the bike. They do have open trailer bike covers but they are not cheap. You can wrap it in shipping pads and tape it all into a tight little wad too. Otherwise you will destroy it. Don't ask how I know.

A good deflector on the front of the trailer will do more for you than any protector spray. Keeps the stones and crud that fly up from the tow vehicle off the bike.

The only damage I ever had on an open trailer tow, was from just that.

That stuff looks great, I use to just put a heavy coat of wax on it when I'd haul it to or from Alaska in the winter, then I could just wash the wax off and the dirt was on top of the wax, but I bet moto mask would stay on even better.
Have fun in Daytona:)

That stuff looks great, I use to just put a heavy coat of wax on it when I'd haul it to or from Alaska in the winter, then I could just wash the wax off and the dirt was on top of the wax, but I bet moto mask would stay on even better.
Have fun in Daytona:)

The local shop had a rep perform a demo for them by spraying one-half of a finished and painted piece of sheet metal with the Moto Mask On. He then ground the plate face down into a tray of small stones and sand. He removed the "Mask On" with the "Mask Off" spray, and the protected half was spotless while the unprotected half was scratched and marred up.

Headed down the middle of next week, and the (obviously distant) forecast is calling for rain/snow/ice in North Georgia. Hence the concern for the salt on the roads.

Thanks guys!

The local shop had a rep perform a demo for them by spraying one-half of a finished and painted piece of sheet metal with the Moto Mask On. He then ground the plate face down into a tray of small stones and sand. He removed the "Mask On" with the "Mask Off" spray, and the protected half was spotless while the unprotected half was scratched and marred up.

Headed down the middle of next week, and the (obviously distant) forecast is calling for rain/snow/ice in North Georgia. Hence the concern for the salt on the roads.

Thanks guys!

Interesting! Let us know how it goes for you.

I don't think GA has a salt trucks....you only see them North of the Mason-Dixon Line....:):):):)

I just checked there web site....maybe something for love bug season???

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think GA has a salt trucks....you only see them North of the Mason-Dixon Line....:):):):)

I just checked there web site....maybe something for love bug season???

When I lived in Florida I learned a little trick for love bugs.
Coat the front of your bike and or truck/cars with some wd-40, everything wipes right off with a rag! :bigsmiley11:

Back