free website stats program Bike mounted Camera? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike mounted Camera?

@biscuit

I have both, chest and helmet mounts. The chest thing is a pain in the but so I dunno. It isn't as if taking vids is important or needed, I only wanted to try it to see how it all went and thought they might be fun to look at to see how bad (or well) I ride :)

Of course, I could buy a newer bike ... hmmm thinking, thinking, thinking - uh oh, wife, gun, ahh maybe not a new bike???? Hun, you can put the gun down now ... HUN!!!!!!

Am I glad she's a lousy shot :)

Caveat: As this IS America - this is JUST a joke and no bikes, bank accounts or persons were harmed in the production of this post.

Last edited:
My clamp is identicle to yours and does come with foam rubber lining for the clamp. I could try thicker but being an Evo and with the engine hard mounted, I don't think I am going to get anything that is going to be real smooth with a bike mounted camera :(
I have noticed that some people with vibration issues have mounted cameras on Tank bags.
These absorb the vibes and keep the camera from shaking.
But not everyone has, or even likes Tank Bags.
I’m wondering how long your camera will last absorbing all the shaking from your Evo.
It’s become an issue with mobile phones mounted on bikes- even those with the anti-vibration holders.

@biscuit

The last camera I had snapped at the connections which were the same type as on this new one. As such, I was wondering the same thing - how much vibration they'll take before they also snap.

I think the only way I'll be able to do videos, if I want to do them, is to have the camera mounted on me some where, some how and the only two options seem to be the chest mount of helmet mount.

@biscuit
Thanks mate and yeah no comparison huh, you can actually see the scenery (as such) in this one :)

I think I'll leave the camera on the helmet and be done with it, not that I'll be doing too many vids though - they're just a bit of a laugh from time to time.

Back