free website stats program Bike Lifts | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike Lifts

Re: Burnt smell trying to start bike

I need to buy a lift soon and will look around. Pitbull was at Destination Daytona and looked very impressive, but at $419 (on sale) I was like holly smokes.

Pitbull Motorcycle Lifts, Built by bikers for bikers with you and your bike's safety in mind.
I said the same thing, but I wanted it and winded up getting one. It is a great lift. I use it for everything, it is also a blessing for the Quad.

New Lift - Harley Davidson Community

I need to buy a lift soon and will look around. Pitbull was at Destination Daytona and looked very impressive, but at $419 (on sale) I was like holly smokes.

Pitbull Motorcycle Lifts, Built by bikers for bikers with you and your bike's safety in mind.

Upgraded from the Yellow Craftsman to the Pitbull. Will NEVER go back. Now I only use the Sears jack to raise and lower the rear wheel during removal.

The Pitbull is worth every penny.

Very true you get what you pay for. Next question is how much do you need to pay for?
I have the sears yellow pro low cost light weight. both bikes stay on them in winter storage.
easy enough to wheel them around garage on the lift.
I am sure there are many lifts with more options and maybe better but at the cost and what i use it for works for me.
winterstorage_1_.jpg
Not sure how high that lift goes, but the pitbull puts the bike up in the air!!. You can work on the bike at eye level. But like you said what works for you is what counts.

I would also endorse the pitbull bought mine several years ago and have never been sorry its a great lift and makes it easy to get the bike up and down when working by yourself.

Sears $180 or Harbor Freight $100 yellow ones work well and at a reasonable cost (they both go on sale at typically $30 less)...

DSCN0825-1.jpg
I have been using the Harbor Freight unit with no problems. I am sure that there are better units out there but for me it gets the job done just fine. If if needed it to make my living I would surely consider a different unit. But for all of my service and repairs I am pleased.

I've used the red sears jack for the past couple of years with no problems. Seems to do the job. I don't leave it on the cylinder I lower it down to the locking position.

I had a cheap lift from harbor freight and nearly list my ECG. I dumped the thing and bought a pit bull and very glad I did even if it did cost a lot more. The bike is very stable now when lifted.:newsmile036:

I never heard of the Pit Bull lift before but after reading all of these testimonials in favor of it I think I would have bought one. I do have the Sears Yellow Pro which works just fine but the Pit Bull is $50.00 cheaper!
This is why I love this forum, good people giving their honest evaluation on items experiences!

I never heard of the Pit Bull lift before but after reading all of these testimonials in favor of it I think I would have bought one. I do have the Sears Yellow Pro which works just fine but the Pit Bull is $50.00 cheaper!
This is why I love this forum, good people giving their honest evaluation on items experiences!

I must have missed something, I've only seen the pitbull at nearly twice the price of sears?

Back