free website stats program Bike lift horror stories! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike lift horror stories!

Fortunately for me (and the bike) my incident didn't cause any damage. It was a couple months ago when I was putting the bike away for the winter, I pushed it on the lift, into the corner of the garage. I pulled the truck in next to the bike, however, I caught the edge of the lift with the front truck tire.... of course, it hit the release and the lift dropped. The bike tilted slightly, away from the truck and into the wall. But, no damage to the bike, just a ding in the drywall. :shock

I'm much more careful now... :s

this must have been like some kinda voodoo. Ive had mi ultra on a lift just to keep in upright for winter storage. I was out in the garage smoking and the bike just didnt look right. the pump must have bleed down and for some reason it was leaning to the right side, opposite the jiffy stand. It was resting against the wall by the handle bar end.

this must have been like some kinda voodoo. Ive had mi ultra on a lift just to keep in upright for winter storage. I was out in the garage smoking and the bike just didnt look right. the pump must have bleed down and for some reason it was leaning to the right side, opposite the jiffy stand. It was resting against the wall by the handle bar end.

Most lifts come with a safety latch bar. Using it will stop that problem. Then the worst thing would be as a previous worst thing post stated, the jack gave out and would not lift it up off the latch.

Had to remove my brand new pulley off my brand new wheel set. Figured I would just pull the axle enoough to move everything over to get the pulley out safely. Forgot one thing, put blocks under front for the weight shift. No damage but when it shifted my nice new chromies came dangerously close to my caliper. I was thinking with a jack under the rear tire everything would stay put. Just forgot that one thing so the rear end lifted but the wheel stayed in place. Scary. Btw, it is still on the lift since my new pulley is not here yet so I am not outta the woods yet!! Wish me luck Friday, that's when it arrives!
WAP.gif

I didn't bother with a lift, first day my ultra came home I stepped on the floorboard like I always did on my RK, to plug the tender plug into the light above the bike, it didn't like that at all...as I eased it down on myself with the garage door open screaming for help, I got a lot of odd looks from the neighbors! no harm no foul except to my ego.

Back