free website stats program Bike Does Not Recognize Fob 2015 RoadGlide Special | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike Does Not Recognize Fob 2015 RoadGlide Special

HDDon

Experienced Member
Contributor
Retired Moderators
Before the last tropical storm (Alberto) I was securing things in the garage. I decided to raise the bike up on the jack just in case we got a storm surge. I did not have the fob with me and the bike went into the flashing alarm mode and would not stop even after I returned with the fob, and kept showing enter pin. I entered the pin and it did stop flashing but would still not recognize the fob as each time I turned the ignition I got the enter pin prompt. I needed to secure the rest of the yard before he storm so I detached the battery and put the bike back on the lift. I did try the second fob with the same results. To shorten this up I purchased 2 new fob battery's and installed and took the first fob down to the bike, turned the ignition on and got the enter pin prompt. Retrieved the second fob and bingo the bike recognized it and started right up (no enter pin prompt). What can make the fob go bad and can it be remarried to the TSSM? Thanks for taking the time to get to the end of this.

This is for earlier models so I don't know if it works on later units. It also states the word Password, that can be a little confusing because resetting the password is a different set up. Maybe it will work, see attached.
tourbox

Attachments

• Marry ECU,TSM,TSSM.jpg
    Marry ECU,TSM,TSSM.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 9
Recheck the battery in the non working fob to be sure it is in right, also swap batteries to be sure you didn't get a bad one.

Recheck the battery in the non working fob to be sure it is in right, also swap batteries to be sure you didn't get a bad one.
Tried this and still not recognizing the first fob. Good check though, thanks

This is for earlier models so I don't know if it works on later units. It also states the word Password, that can be a little confusing because resetting the password is a different set up. Maybe it will work, see attached.
tourbox
I went by the instructions in the services manual and changed the security code. Bike sees the second fob but not the first. I'll check with Harley Tuesday morning to see if they can do something with the first fob. Thanks guys

Well I have found the culprit and all is right with the RG. Yesterday I decided to take one more look before heading out to Harley this morning. I repeated taking the battery from the good fob and placing it in the non working fob and it was a repeat of the first try at this, it did not work. So I put the battery back in the "working" fob and horror of horrors the bike gave me the "enter pin" message. Now I was back to square one with no working fob. My logical mind said this is a battery issue and I was off to purchase two new batteries and this time I checked the dates on the package. I now have two working fobs, the short of it is be sure to check that you are getting fresh batteries. Thanks everyone for your input and I hope this will help someone down the road. Now I'm off for a ride in the sunshine. Ride safe

Back