free website stats program Bike cut out in the middle of riding | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike cut out in the middle of riding

Yes. I believe so. The only letters that responded were S and SP. While on the blinking letter I held for five seconds and the Pn number scrolled through. The first P and the last t both came up no rsp. I took the bike over to the Harley dealer today. I can only do so much as I travel for work. As soon as I find out what happend I will follow up. I hope it's something simple is all.

Did you find the problem? I am having the same issue. When it dies, do you get any
spark? I crank and crank with no spark, then gets spark and runs. As soon as I gas it, it dies. When it does clear up, it will run all day or two minuets. Sound like your issue?

Did you find the problem? I am having the same issue. When it dies, do you get any
spark? I crank and crank with no spark, then gets spark and runs. As soon as I gas it, it dies. When it does clear up, it will run all day or two minuets. Sound like your issue?

Sounds similar. Here is what I posted on page 2:

Hey guys, turns out there was a little tab hidden behind the ignition control module cover that was half on, half off like it was loose. So it was getting spark sometimes, sometimes not.

Problem fixed!!! The ignition control module was intermittent. If your bike just stops and you get no spark, try shooting the ignition module (all covers removed) with a can of "canned air". Flip the can upside down and spray liquid all around the module. I got about 15 miles more after I froze it good..
Had to buy another module @ $284 to fix..

Had a bike a while ago with a loose ground connection to the frame. It would run fine until something jolted the bolt a bit and the connection was lost.

Check all ground connections.

**Edit: Looks like I was late to the party..**

Back