free website stats program bike covers and condensation??? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

bike covers and condensation???

I store my 63 flh at the local h-d shop.climate control,insured,safe.when i want to ride i call and they roll it out.they detail it for free and put it on the balcony for display.cost $1.00 a day.

hey there!
Condensation and DEW point is a funny thing.
Ever notice on a night when the grass gets wet the air was still? When there is a slight breeze, the condensation (dew) didn't occur. Its the minute difference in temperature between moist air and grass UNLESS there is a slight breeze.
So, a light bulb helps but so does a small fan inside the cover.
This is proven to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a rain cover for overnight travel, but at home in the garage, (concrete floor), I use a fitted bed sheet. A "super single" size works well, and the expandable ends make it nice for tucking it in. This does not work however with the ultra. I had to steal an extra sheet from momma, and she hasn't noticed yet! LOL

Dealer ships here do the same thing and even discount the cost if you have work done over the winter.
Bother in law puts both his in every year.
They even pick them up and drop them off at the house.
I keep mine at home you never know when weather will allow a couple days of riding.

I'm with you Smitty. I like to keep mine at the ready so if it gets to the upper 30's and the sun is out I can layer up and run a short errand or two.

I was put on a bummer the other day from this . my aunt and uncle belong to Sons of God MC and they had a big winterfest last month , Jan 6th and it was around 40 and sunny so i rode the sporty down to the fest . froze my hommies off on the ride home after dark . but i wasnt thinking and covered the bike when i thought it was cooled down , anyway i went out to start it the other day and i about cried. the motor had lil spots all over it . dont know if it was from salt on the roads or what but it looks like crap . i wiped it all down but i know ill be workin on it first day i get warm enough . does anyone have a good polish or rubbing compound to get it back to looking the way it should? no rust on it just the alum looks BAD . and yep i did learn a leason , just wish it wouldnt have been the hard way . im use to my GSXR and all the plastic

Back