free website stats program Bike Builder Billy Lane Sentenced | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bike Builder Billy Lane Sentenced

It happens all the time. Most dont get as much pres. It could have been any one of us. On either side it would be a hard reallity to swallow. We are creatures of habit. Habits can be changed. A loss of life is allways sad no matter what the cause. We have to go on with our lives and try to make it a better place for all. Alchohal has destroyed many lives in many ways. Dont let it take yours, or allow you to take another. If you drink dont ride. if you ride dont drink. Sorry guys just some of my thoughts.

I have absolutely no compassion for a person that gets behind the wheel drunk. I'm actually surprised he got any time at all, but glad he did. Billy may be a great guy and is obviously a good bike builder. I hope this serves as a real HARD wake up call for him.

I have absolutely no compassion for a person that gets behind the wheel drunk. I'm actually surprised he got any time at all, but glad he did. Billy may be a great guy and is obviously a good bike builder. I hope this serves as a real HARD wake up call for him.

Maybe it will be a wake up call for him but I think MOST people who drink and drive think THEY won't be caught, killed or kill someone else.

There are people you hear about all the time with several convictions for DUI still driving with or without their D/L. Laws need to be tougher.

With every person you meet on the road you stand a 50 50 chance that they may be distracted and or intoxicated.

I just wish they would make the laws so severe it would detour any use of any substance that impairs our judgements. This would include cell phone use of any kind. If the penalty was loss of driving priviliges for good I doubt many would drive under the influence, and those who still would should not be driving anyway. As far as being responsible for anothers life, I think the minimum sentence should be life behind bars. Penalties are so leinient people are willing to chance it. They might not be so willing if the consequence were extremely severe. I know I have taken more chances than I should have. Not proud of it, but if the result of the penalty was more threatening I would not consider it. JMHO.

Right on Smitty..we have a Rams Player that killed a lady..was drunk and then the cops on the scene stated "he was cussing the lady he had hit coz his Suv was totaled" ....Oh but he was such a good boy...and hes so sorry...yeah right..coz these ppl in high places are coddled ...he's not leaned his lesson....the played name is Leonard Little ....charged with speeding and driving while intoxicated after allegedly failing three field sobriety tests.<===his second offence...his first===>Little was charged as a persistent offender because he pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter in a 1998 drunken-driving accident in downtown St. Louis that killed Susan Gutweiler of St. Louis County.....and of course he's still playing with the Rams...Little was sentenced to three months in jail, four years probation and 1,000 hours of community service. He also was suspended without pay for the first half of the 1999 season...anyone think thats fair!....Man this stuff frost me!

Its a horrible deal that needs to be fixed!!! If I did something like that my career would be over, I would go to jail without a second chance. Its not fair, you have football players running people over and walking away and keeping there career. The NFL treated that idiot that shot himself in the leg worse than the idiot that ran that man over in the crosswalk in Florida!!! When are these "professionals" going to get what they deserve. If you break the law you should face the same judgment rich or poor!!!!!!!!!

Back