free website stats program Big Sucker | Harley Davidson Forums

Big Sucker

bigcletus

Today I had the Big Sucker, V&H ovals and a FuelPak installed. The filter in the BS is exposed to the elements. I asked the mechanic about it getting wet and he told me the filter is oil protected and not to worry about rain etc. What's been the experience of you guys with the BS filter in rain ?
Thanks

No problem with the rain. I don't think it's possible to get enough water in the filter to do any damage, besides it will keep the carbon in the engine at bay too. If you are worried they sell a sock that goes over the filter to give you more protection.

get a rain sock, we have had several problems with water. think of it this way a $20 part on a $20,000 bike you do the math

As Glider say's rain water shouldn't be a problem the only downside is when water enters contaminated with dirt.

Thanks

I don't have a sock and normally don't voluntarily ride in downpours.
I think I'll leave the status quo
J

Today I had the Big Sucker, V&H ovals and a FuelPak installed. The filter in the BS is exposed to the elements. I asked the mechanic about it getting wet and he told me the filter is oil protected and not to worry about rain etc. What's been the experience of you guys with the BS filter in rain ?
Thanks

I used my original A/C cover when I installed my big sucker? It should keep out most all rain. :D

same here.07 U.C. --- A. N. big sucker, V&H tapered and V&H fuelpak. Used the original H D "football" cover.

Thanks
What Big Sucker did you have installed???? The stage one big sucker uses the stock air cleaner cover. it bolts on over the top and that should protect it just fine.

I picked up a scalloped chrome cover. Love the sound now. I did notice that the "check engine light" stays on for a few seconds after starting, something it did not do before. However, it does go out and doesn't some on again until i restart.

Back