free website stats program Best way to lower an 09 Ultra? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Best way to lower an 09 Ultra?

Well, just got back from a ride with my sweetie with the new parts installed. Lowered the front and rear end with the HD low profile shocks and in addition added HD pull back handlebars and a rider back rest. Man, I am in heaven. Nicest riding motorcycle I've ever had. For all you vertically challenged guys like me, come on in, the waters fine!

Well, just got back from a ride with my sweetie with the new parts installed. Lowered the front and rear end with the HD low profile shocks and in addition added HD pull back handlebars and a rider back rest. Man, I am in heaven. Nicest riding motorcycle I've ever had. For all you vertically challenged guys like me, come on in, the waters fine!

Glad you got it sorted, and I know both of you will ride more often and be much safer. You can have your cake and eat it too...just follow a good receipe and a low stable foundation is a must for touring in unfamiliar footing. :D

Yesterday, I experienced my first tip over. I was alone on the Ultra, stopped in a gas station parking lot ..as I rolled the bike forward, it went over in slow motion. It only damaged my pride. I've been dreading this since buying the bike last year. I'm 5'7, 29"inseam, 160lb, coming up on 60 years old guy. I'm a little spooked now. Will have to look into lowering the bike, front and rear.

Slapp discussed the Burley Slam Kit...saw one at the HD dealer...$299 did not seem that bad for new shocks and hardware...certainly worth the price of admission...! Changing stockers to shorter Progressive Shocks is comparable. Be honest and tell the manufacturer what your weight, passenger and estimated gear you will be hauling and have them make a recommendation. May will also have customer testimony to help you make the choice. Enjoy your hunt...!

I now have over 3 thousand miles on the new bike with the lowering kit and I must say I love it. Rides great handles great and runs smooth as glass. I just put pull back bars (no cable swaps) everything fit great had to re-route clutch cable. I tell you all, it does not get any better than this as far as fit.

Back