free website stats program Best time to ride il to eastern pa | Harley Davidson Forums

Best time to ride il to eastern pa

SPORTY LADY

hello fellow riders. needing some info. my hubby and i are wanting to ride our cycles to brian's hd in eastern pennsylvania. we live in central illinois where 57 and 70 meet. any suggestions for when the best time to make the trip would be. the name of the dealer is our last name so obviously we need and want to make the trip to get shirts. :) thanks ahead of time for the info.

september and october are great pa riding months.little sturgis i think is in sept. and is not far off of rt70 in the md,pa,wv area.

June is a nice month. July, August and September can get hot and humid. October is a great time once the leaves start to change, mornings are cool and the day is comfortable. April and May are nice but can be rainy. Pick some nice country roads and ride safe.

I would say May. Spring across Pennsylvania is a beautiful time to ride. If you pick up Rt# 31 just East of Pittsburg and ride it to Bedford then pick up Rt# 30 (The Lincoln Highway) you will travel beautiful roads and see some beautiful scenery. If you have time just off Rt# 31 is the Flt. 93 Memorial. And Rt# 30 will run you right through Gettysburg and Battlefield HD (Worth a stop) then continueing on 30 to York is the HD Touring Plant. Continueing East your into Lancaster County and Pa. Dutch Country. At that point your only about 1.5 hrs. from Brians HD in Langhorne Pa. And have experenced some of the many tastes of Pa. I might add Bedford Pa. is a beautiful old town.
Great food and many Antique shops. Hope you have a wonderful trip whenever you go.

Sporty Lady -
glad you asked this cause the mrs & I are "getting together" a plan to head to PA then on to N.C. and Virginia this year!! wasnt sure when the weather would be best. we did go out to NC SEVERAL years ago in a cage, the last week of June and was home in Ks. by 4th of July. it RAINED every day for at least a hour or so in NC while we were there!!!

hello all. thanks for the info appreciate. r. lewis i think we will stay away from nc if it going to rain. i think we are planning 3rd or 4th week of june and sounds like we will go on across new jersey to see the ocean before we head back. keep the routes and ideas coming. we enjoy reading them and will print them off so we don't forget about all of them.

I've lived in Pa and NJ all my life. Its nice from May till Oct and can rain anytime so its hard to pick a dry or wet season. Route 6 is nice accross the top of Pa and then at the border of NJ follow the Delaware south on either side until route 95 and Brian's is south 5 miles away. Its located right on a 95 exit. They mounted a tire backwards the last time I was there and I had to convince them to remount it but other than that its one of the new dealerships. It should be a great adventure. Check out the Woodsman show in Aug WOODSMEN

I agree with Bob that Route 6 is a nice ride. I grew up in Milford, PA and there is alot of nice riding in PA on back roads and along rivers.

Thanks for all the info. Wish it was time to ride now. We are sick of the cold and snow here in illinois. Will keep all the info handy and check it out when it gets time to ride.

Back