free website stats program Best thing you did for Christmas | Harley Davidson Forums

Best thing you did for Christmas

67wizard

I live in a very small town and am very close to our Church. They had a big party for all the familes and kids that weren't having a Christmas. I mean food all, and toys for the kids. My gift was I got to play Santa, man that is one of the most heart warming things you can do. Seeing the smile on the kids faces and their moms and dads had tears in their eyes, filled with joy. I didn't know how lucky Iam untill then, Man that will bring a tear to a grown mans face. Hope I can do it again next year. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and be ssafe for the New Year.

CMA Member and just a retired ol man.

I went to Christmas mass with my ladyfriend. Havent been to a Christmas Service in many yrs.

After all the presents were opened, the wrapping paper put away, and the distant relatives telephoned, my daughter went over to visit her boyfriend's grandmother, my wife curled up on the sofa with one of the books she got from Santa, and I put on my heated gear and went out for a three-hour ride on my XR. :newsmile098:

My dad passed away back in Mar 05, but he used to manage a feed/grain elevator in our little MN farming town where me & all my brothers worked at one time. A farmer bought the old elevator for grain storage, but decided last month to start tearing down the old existing structure. I went there to see & reminisce...ended up finding some old pieces of the elevator & wrapped them for my family to open (from the Gluek CooP Elevator). Everyone was emotionally suprised, amused & happy to have a little piece of history from our past w/dad in our thoughts. Ended up being the best present(s) received from all...:D

My wife's best friend since 1st grade is a single woman working a minimum wage job part time. We talked her into spending 5 days with us. My Princess bride took her to lunch a couple times and they did each others hair (a girl thing for sure). :p I put new door hinge pins and bushings, fixed broken seat adjuster, bought and installed a tailgate release motor and several other things that were needed to keep her Blazer safe and road worthy. My bride is happier for what I did for her friend, than any thing I've bought her for a long time. Lucky me!:D

My wife's best friend since 1st grade is a single woman working a minimum wage job part time. We talked her into spending 5 days with us. My Princess bride took her to lunch a couple times and they did each others hair (a girl thing for sure). :p I put new door hinge pins and bushings, fixed broken seat adjuster, bought and installed a tailgate release motor and several other things that were needed to keep her Blazer safe and road worthy. My bride is happier for what I did for her friend, than any thing I've bought her for a long time. Lucky me!:D

That brought a tear to my eye. I have been that friend before and will never forget the kindness my sisters boyfriend showed me. I was broke and half starving. He was a pig farmer and filled my freezer with meat for Christmas. I'll never forget it.

Merry Christmas and thanks to all for their kindness!

Instead of donating money to a charity this year, I asked friends and co-workers if they knew of anybody struggling financially this Christmas, and I gave gift cards to them. I know charities help a great many people, but it felt somehow better to give to someone tangible that was in need of help.

Back