free website stats program best pipes for heritage | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

best pipes for heritage

Great, I'm looking forward to seeing the dyno charts.
Got the bike back today. The Vance&Hines Double Barrel pipes sound great and the quality and fitment were excellent.

Due to brake problems (see my other post) we put the exhaust and intake on while we were waiting for brake parts. The base run is with the new intake and exhaust instead of stock. The final was after tuning the stage 1 parts.

The Power Chamber produces close to max power through out low and mid ranges The bike runs strong.

I was so excited after doing a test run I left without the chart. Will post them tomorrow or Friday AM. Sorry

IMG_0585.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

I told you these pipes sound great!

I get compliments on mine all the time. They are louder than stock but not too loud, just right.:D

Thanks for posting the dyno results. One of these days I want to put mine on one and see what I'm getting.

I have an 05 and been running with a set of SEII slip ons. Go the mufflers and support bar for around $50. Sounds good, I think they are a little loud but my buddies say they sound good ridding with me.

Charlie, I have been looking at your same pipes for my bike. The cross over pipe under the seat and near the coil looks real tight. Any problems? Do you like the sound and looks?

I have an 05 and been running with a set of SEII slip ons. Go the mufflers and support bar for around $50. Sounds good, I think they are a little loud but my buddies say they sound good ridding with me.

Charlie, I have been looking at your same pipes for my bike. The cross over pipe under the seat and near the coil looks real tight. Any problems? Do you like the sound and looks?

Sorry, maybe I was a bit misleading on the exhaust, it's not the true duels with one pipe on each side, I don't think they are going to fit, I got the Rinehart flush cut exhaust system from J C Motors on line. Duels in the sense that the interconnect tube is eliminated, both pipes on the right side. I like the look and sound, the bike seems to run easier and the thundermax tunner got the temp back down and totaly eliminated the decel popping.

Kinda partial to my new V&H True Duals with fishtails :D

harleydad1000, these also have the "cross over pipe under the seat" you referred to. Not as bad as you might think to install, just need to take your time and read the instructions REAL close other wise you will be taking heat shields on and off if you don't - ask me how I know LOL. I do not have the O2 sensors installed and can see where they would be a real bear to install though.

Attachments

• photo II.JPG
    photo II.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 20
TripleJ
Can you send a pic of the left side of the bike? I have been looking at these and I like them too. Just not sure how the pipe squeezes past the coil

Here ya go :s

Attachments

• Left Side I.JPG
    Left Side I.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Left Side II.JPG
    Left Side II.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Left Side III.JPG
    Left Side III.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Left Side IV.JPG