free website stats program best air filter | Harley Davidson Forums

best air filter

That was just such an open ended question and there are so many variables that encompass it. Do you have a large budget? Are you mechanically inclined or do you want something easy to install? I am in the process of tuning an old ironhead right now. I am using an old Keihin Screamin Eagle carb, and I just ordered a k&n for it. I will have to do a little machining to get it to fit, but no big deal for me. I also have to do a little machining because under the a/c cover, I am also trying to fit a velocity stack in there. Add that to the screwing around with the timing, and gradually cutting an inch or so off of my exhaust collector, and I spend more time working on the bike then I do test riding it. But, that is what I like to do, so bring it on!!! On a side note, all the little tweaking here and there brought up a new problem for me. I thought that my clutch was slipping til the other day when I got on it and I must have been sitting further back because it turns out that my clutch was not slipping, my tire was. I must have been sitting further back, or maybe it was warmer and the tire grabbed better, up came that front end. Everybody has problems though, right?

Attachments

• 100_0725.jpg
    100_0725.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 40
Everybody has problems though, right? Yep that is why we are here to share and learn:s

In all honesty, the back tire spinning, and the front end coming up were the two problems that I was looking for. Now that I have them, I am going to gear it up a bit, and try to "have" that same problem find me again.

In all honesty, the back tire spinning, and the front end coming up were the two problems that I was looking for. Now that I have them, I am going to gear it up a bit, and try to "have" that same problem find me again.

HMMM sounds like you do not have any power problems here:s

On my 1200 06 sport R.
I installed a Arleness Big Sucker.. Had the alum. back plate crack out around one of the bottom (bolt to carb) areas... I Just Bought another Full Unit from arleness and kept the Old back plate for a wall hanger... That gives me a spare filter..

I have the Large Round Ness 8" chrome cover over the air filter.. Looks great and it Does Suck Air....

I always llike to Joke when asked about the arleness unit....

I always reply "The Biggest Suck I ever Heard from my arleness is when my Wallet was Opened".. :lolrolling

signed....BUBBIE

Take a look at HD's SE heavy breather - I say it ranks at the top...would have it on my sporty...If I still owned one. :(

Use the search function at the top of the page. Should bring back enough info for you to read for days.

Bodeen

Back