free website stats program Being new to Harley | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Being new to Harley

IMO Most 1% want is respect not to be treated like the 21yo did, but if you started talking to him like a normal person " Germany huh what brings you this way" 2 things could happen, 1- he could tell you to 'get lost' or 2 start talking to you. In my years of riding I've come across many brother bikers and have always spoke with them, of course I do think before I speak talk about the bikes or the place your both at, you will find most are "human" and in the end if something dumb was to happen at least he may remeber you and not hit you.

Give these folks a wide path. Just ignore them. When I was in Sturgis a few years ago me and a buddy[21 y.o.] went into a tavern to cool off. He wanted a beer so I said I would hang with him[I don't drink]. Well a h.a. came in and stood next to my buddy [we were at the bar]and ordered a beer. He took a couple of sips and I saw my buddy lean over to him and ask something. The h.a. started going off [swearing] and carrying on. Then another h.a. came from a table that was towards the back of the tavern. He was pacing back and forth behind us. There was a long mirror behind the bar and I was watching him. A few minutes latter both the h.a.'s went to their table. We finished our drinks and went outside. I asked Tony [my buddy] what in the world did you say to him? Tony said that he wondered if he could get a picture of him beating on a h.a. guy. I said now listen. We need to talk.

I hope you buddy gets some smarts or he probably won't be around for the next 21.

Back