free website stats program Being a bit thick! | Harley Davidson Forums

Being a bit thick!

English Mike

Hi all

I have just had a set of ...ahhh cant think what to call them. its the chrome shrouds that go above the main light and passing lights, shrouds, hats?? oh my memory sucks.

And there were no fitting instructions; is it simply a case of taking the lights apart and fitting or does anyone know how? If you know what the heck I am saying.:6:

Thanks, although I ain'yt holding my breath.:6:

M

Yes indeed; it a set of three, one for main light and one each for the passing lights. They are genuine HD parts and have the curve that fits with a lip at the back. I would assume (hopefully correctly) that you undo the light slide it in and job done?

Mike

Mike

Did you get those "things" :D on yet? They can be a real PITA depending on which ones you have. I put them on the RK and the headlight visor is a bit of work to get it right.

Last edited:
All done and upgraded bulbs at the same time to zenon filled. It was a bit fiddley, but got there in the end.

Mike

All done and upgraded bulbs at the same time to zenon filled. It was a bit fiddley, but got there in the end.

Mike

Did you get the Xenon bulbs with the ballast or without Mike or did you go for the Harley ones with the complete unit?. What do you make of them?

Cheers,
Harry

Ahh chaps, nothing thrilling I'm afraid, just went to local dealer and said 'zenon filled please, for the Softail Classic' It states on the box 50% brighter and when I switched it on and bent down to look I couldn't see for 5 minutes:11: . They are fine for me and dead easy to change with the exception I unscrewed the retaining screw that secures the bulb (big mistake) it took a while to get it back it, then I realised it looped under the lug on the opposite side.:33:

Peaks look great although I am thinking of getting the complete fitments from HD to have the all in ones.

White walls are now on, all bolts upgraded to polished s/steel and all installed as per rotational procedure and torqued up correctly, a few more polished additions (weather been terrible so stuck in garage) Pictures as soon as the sun comes out.:55:

Mike

Back