free website stats program Battery Tender | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Battery Tender

$5 at Harbor Freight. This thing is foolproof. Totally safe. You can short the leads and the L.E.D. goes out open the leads, ready to go. Only thing you have to do is cut off the alligators and solder (and insulate w/heat shrink or electrical tape) on the plug that matches the lead on the bike.

My bike is an 09 and came with the fused tender lead already on the RH side of the bike connected directy to the battery. My co-worker has an 08 and I found his lead on the RH side tucked neatly away same as my bike.
WAP.gif

Looking to get a battery tender since everyone is talking about it. Is it as easy as taking off the seat of my 08 Road king Classic and attaching the pig tail? Or is there more to it than that....

Battery tender plus A+ for several years now.

Bought second one from Amazon free shipping $44.00

Only one way it gets any easier. The dealer where I bought my bike installs a pigtail on all their new bikes when they come in.

You're right traveler.Mine was installed either from the factory or by the dealer. If you have a newer model bike(mines an '09)check your wiring around the seat.I found mine by accident

Most dealers install the Battery Tender pigtail end w/fuse on their bikes (MSRP $9.99) for convenience...just too much trouble to prep the bike to make a quick sale not to. Cheap insurance for the dealer, why would you as an owner risk not having one? Having access to quickly trickle charge your bike is an asset, not a liability.

Back