free website stats program Battery Help | Harley Davidson Forums

Battery Help

timaloy

Sounds stupid and it is. I took my battery out to charge and I know what the positive and negative leads are but there are two other wires that I don't know which side to hook up to, anyone help a dummy? 04 Ultra

Sounds stupid and it is. I took my battery out to charge and I know what the positive and negative leads are but there are two other wires that I don't know which side to hook up to, anyone help a dummy? 04 Ultra

If you have a battery tender plug in, and the two wires are thin red and black, they are for the battery tender. Tug on them and see what moves. It's possible the hook up is hidden behind a side cover. It's possible (if you are not 1st owner) that someone wired something else into the batt. Remember, connect the black negative wire LAST.
P.S. It's only stupid if you didn't ask, and just randomly connected those wires.

Last edited:
Sounds like Breeze has you covered,

Remember, there are no stupid questions, this site is great for a vast wealth of knowledge if the simple things
Always ask if you are not sure :s

It could also be a connection for heated clothing. They look alot like battery tender plugs and the fused line also goes to pos.

Back