free website stats program Battery draining on '97 wideglide | Harley Davidson Forums

Battery draining on '97 wideglide

freebird97hd

I've searched the web for days looking for a wiring diagram for a 1997 wideglide but no luck. If someone could post a picture or a link to where I might find it it would be greatly appreciated. I was laid off awhile back so I dont have the extra 60 bucks to go buy the manual. I just need a pic of the diagram to print off so I can track down why my battery keeps running down with the ignition off.

I have a manual for a 96 Dyna FXD and can scan the electrical diagrams for you, if you would like. Of course the manual covers the Wide Glide from that year also.

Also...Any Haynes Service and Repair Manual covering your year (usually a 10 year span) will have excellent colored wiring diagrams for all models within those years. Mine covers '99 to '08 and I use it a lot.

Haynes also sometimes has easier methods for accomplishing certain repairs and is an excellent supplement to my year and model specific repair manual and for a lot less money. Perhaps you can find a friend with one to color photocopy.

Back