free website stats program Battery DEAD | Harley Davidson Forums

Battery DEAD

trem5150

gents and ladies,
Great day of riding today, we were 35 miles from home and needed fuel. Took fuel and was ready to roll barely had enough juice to turn starter. Rolled it down hill a block away to a shop and we jumped it. It got me home but can anyone tell me if i put an off brand battery in my 2010 limited that I bought used with a 3 year warranty, if that will make any part of the warranty null and void????? We have a ride planned tomorrow, BUT no HD is open on SUNDAY.
THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT

However I may need to go to HD For a vibration resistant battery. Otherwise I'll be buying 2 batteries within a short period of time????????
WAP.gif

Most batteries should be ok as the battery trays on some models are mounted on rubber mounts to isolate the battery from the worst of the vibration other models have the engine gearbox and swing arm rubber mounted to isolate the frame from the worst of the vibration

Brian

Autozone and other chain auto parts stores carry AGM batteries (absorbed glass mat) which are designed to resist vibration. Look for brands like Extreme Motorsport or Magna which are made by Eastern Penn Mfg, the same folks that make the oem HD batteries. I had a battery go dead on a sunday ride, no dealers open and found one at an autozone. It's been working just fine and won't pose a warranty issue. I paid a little more than i could've gotten one online for, but less than the dealers want and the few extra bucks were worth being able to ride that day :s
WAP.gif

My question is why did the battery go bad in the first place? I think I would run a check of the charging system which is very easy to do. This will confirm its the battery and not the charging system. Any of the AGM batteries are good for harley's and will not void your warranty vibration was a problem with the wet cell type battery. I lean toward the interstate battery for overall performance.

Back