free website stats program Bars for ST | Harley Davidson Forums

Bars for ST

ProF

I recently bought an 06 FLTSC, and I don't really like the bars on it. I've been looking for something like the old FXR buckhorns, but without much luck. They all seem to be 33 to 36 in. wide. My current bars are 36.

I recently saw these AutoandMotorcyle.com - Motorcyle Accessories and Information

which seem like they'll do the trick for me, but I have 2 questions.
First, they're called a Split Bar, a term I'm not familiar with. They don't look split in any way, and I've seen them on several sites. They're made by West Eagle, and called Split Bar by them. Anyone know if this just a model name, or is there some actual "splitting" somewhere.
Second question, the center width is only 6.25", which will fit on my triple t, but leaves very little space on either side of the risers. Will that have an adverse effect on handling? The end width is only 30" which would be perfect for me.

I was thinking that, but the picture (company stock photo) sure looks like a single piece. What would be the point of a two piece bar?

well on my 75 the throttle wire went in the end & it was nice come winter w/ i brought bike into living room.1/2 bar came off to fit through door.

Asked my Indy today, and you were right on. He showed how the old risers used one long steel half shell which the split bars slipped into. When tightened down they didn't go anywhere.

I could use a split bar, but then I'd have to buy the old style riser, and then I'm buying two items instead of one. So I'm still looking.

Try some Fatboy bars, the 1" versions prior to 07. I have an 03 Fatboy and my handlebars could not be any more comfortable. I have ridden Heritages at Demo rides and I could not stand the handlebars. Go to the dealer and test ride a used Fatboy with stock bars before you spend any money. They should fit your stock riser. You just might be surprised.:s

Man, you wouldn't think finding a comfortable set of bars would be so hard!

At this point, I'm seriously considering tying some weights to my ankles and hanging from a roof eave, to stretch my arms!:bigsmiley20:

Back