free website stats program Baked Or Deep Fryed Turkey? | Harley Davidson Forums

Baked Or Deep Fryed Turkey?

Just wondering how my fellow riders cook their birds today.
I have deep fryed for the past 10 years and decided to put it in the oven today and have the awsome smell of turkey in the house.:D

I oven bake mine but would like to taste a deep fried bird. I understand they are very tasty.
On the other hand, there's nothing like the smell of the turkey and all the trimmings cooking on a holiday, just hard to top.

It is great deep fryed. Inject it with some butter creol,season the outside and dump her in the oil for about 1 hour (plus you get to look at your ride when your outside cooking):D. Once you have it that way it hard to go back to the oven. but you are right, the smell in the house is the best! My kids are not to happy with me putting it in the oven today.

Just wondering how my fellow riders cook their birds today.
I have deep fryed for the past 10 years and decided to put it in the oven today and have the awsome smell of turkey in the house.:D

We've had our Thanksgiving but wifey always cooks the bird in the oven and makes the dressing seperate in a roast pan. Really like that fragrance from a roasting turkey. Happy Thanksgiving to all you guys.

Tom

Back