free website stats program Bagger Wobble | Harley Davidson Forums

Bagger Wobble

glider.

BOT Machine
A few causes of wobble that some have experienced are rear wheel alignment, problems with the front tire like worn tire or balancing problems , steering head bearing preload not being set properly , worn or broken engine mounts or stabilizer links that are worn or defective and the fact that some bikes have rubber mounted engine/trans combination which really doesn't help this matter much.
Also check the weight distribution in the bags too. If you are unevenly loaded, it can cause some strange results.

Wheel condition especially if they are spokes should be checked and the "tune" of the spokes themselves should be checked to insure there are no loose spokes. This would cause a wobble more than other areas at fault. Also be sure to have the correct tire pressures front and rear too.The attitude of the bike can induce a wobble also if lowered shocks are used sometimes.

As an alternative there are stabilizer links available to stabilize the engine in the frame to try to lessen or eliminate this condition. Some dynas exhibit the wobble condition also because of the engine mounting in the frame is similar to the baggers.

Here's a few suggestions in regards to the stabilizer links.

True Track Installation - Harley Davidson Community

True Track Installation - Harley Davidson Community

I put 463 miles down on million mile monday with one little hitch as I sped up to around 80 mph passing a tractor trailer when I came arround the front and the wind hit me I walked across 2 lanes of traffic in front of him 4 or 5 times before I could get whoaed down enough to get stright again. I pulled off the road to scrape of the seat and my boxers, one of the guys I was riding with said I should get a front stablizer because of my 5 degree raked inverted triple trees do you have any suggestions for something I can hide in my fairing. Thanks exfed

With the experience you relate here, I would check things over to find the cause of the wobble you have, it's not normal for a bagger to do that.

I don't walk like that on my deuce, & I pass semi's pretty regularly.

Back