free website stats program Bad TFI module? FI1252st | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Bad TFI module? FI1252st

If you disconnect the ground wire do you need to remove 02 eliminators and reconnect 02 sensors?............exactly what do the eliminators do?

If you disconnect the ground wire do you need to remove 02 eliminators and reconnect 02 sensors?............exactly what do the eliminators do?

YES Right,,, The re-connect of O2 sensors is needed so the Stock HD system will work correctly..... Lean as before..Ha ha..

The eliminators take the O2 sensors into Open loop (out of the picture) so the bike won't run lean on the harley side.. and allows the TFI to spray its fuel properly Around the HD settings..

That is MY take on this... But wrong I may be...

I'm would like to get the "TFI company Owner" to "JOIN IN" to Answer the HOWs... He may just do that..... HEY? Right Glider?

signed....BUBBIE:D

Well Chris(Dobeck), TQ and Glider all said to do the same thing, disconnect ground. But that didn't make a difference in my case. I think there is a break in a wire someplace or bad solder joint maybe? It is still using TFI wiring to get from point a-b so removing it completly was my next step. I have mine boxed up to ship to them and we will see what they find. So far bike runs ok on stock system (I did put stock a/c box back on to be safe). Thanks again for all the help

Wow forgot how hot these bikes run when set up stock. Hope Dobeck gets my TFI back to me quick. I put the fried thighs back on that I haven't used in a year for a little relief.

Quick update, Well Dobeck did find a problem with my TFI. There was a broken wire in the harness. They repaired it and got it back to me quick and no charge! (was just out of warranty).
A-OK guys in my book.

Quick update, Well Dobeck did find a problem with my TFI. There was a broken wire in the harness. They repaired it and got it back to me quick and no charge! (was just out of warranty).
A-OK guys in my book.

tunes; glad to hear your problem's solved & Dobeck's got my business locked. Love the TFI (thanks HDTimeline crew) & plan to keep/possibly upgrade w/life of my m/c riding career.

Yes now I do need to retune a bit, mileage much better on the stock setup so will turn things down a little I think and see if I can find a setting some where between the two.

Last edited:
Back