free website stats program bad ecm ? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

bad ecm ?

You say you don't have 12 volt supply to both injectors?
On the 09 both injectors are feed by the same 12volt supply from the PCM so if you drop 12 volts to the front one there is a brake or bad connection in the splice in the harness between the rear and front injector. the power wires on the 09 is Y/GN the control wires on the injector front is W/Y rear is GN/GY.
if it is throwing a injector code there is to much or not enough amp flow.

do you have a wire diagram? if not get one .
do you have access to or know a auto tech that has a lab scope?
if so they should know how to hook up and test the injector circuit it is the same as they would test on a car.
It is not likely that it is a problem with the power coming out of the PCM because it feeds the coils first then the purge solenoid (cal emission ) then the rear injector then the front injector. I

You say you don't have 12 volt supply to both injectors?
On the 09 both injectors are feed by the same 12volt supply from the PCM so if you drop 12 volts to the front one there is a brake or bad connection in the splice in the harness between the rear and front injector. the power wires on the 09 is Y/GN the control wires on the injector front is W/Y rear is GN/GY.
if it is throwing a injector code there is to much or not enough amp flow.

do you have a wire diagram? if not get one .
do you have access to or know a auto tech that has a lab scope?
if so they should know how to hook up and test the injector circuit it is the same as they would test on a car.
It is not likely that it is a problem with the power coming out of the PCM because it feeds the coils first then the purge solenoid (cal emission ) then the rear injector then the front injector. I

Yes , you're right, but I have 12 Volts to the injectors .But you only have 12 V the first few seconds and then it stops , I overlooked the few seconds of 12V.That is with contact on and stopped engine, if you start the bike , 12 V stays present, that all was ok.
My last test ....I took a lead and fed the front injector right from the system relay and then changed the wire that goes to the ECM ( the one that signals the injector to spray) by one of my own testwires and started the bike...same problem, so that test rules out the wiring completly and I am sure the ECm is bad .
Thundermax is orderd .
Thx for all the thinking and the sugestions :)

Whitebuell, My mechanic friend that helped me do all the other diagnostic fixes solved my issue. It was not the coil, though I did replace that today with a new one. It was the ECM. Swapped out the ECM with a borrowed one (Thanks Al!!) and the bike ran great cool and hot. We put some hard tests on it on the street and she did great. Put the original ECM back on right after and ran like junk again. I ordered stock replacement (couldn't sell the wife on the 900 dollar Thunder Maxx) from Ronnies for 288.00. Hope you got your issue resolved, it is a lot of stress when something like this happens...

Back